Director of Admissions | The Profession |
The Director of Admissions provides strategic direction and leadership for results-oriented enrollment for the admissions, overseeing outreach initiatives and strategic data-driven decision-making. This position serves as a collaborative partner with the Dean of Student Services and the marketing department to ensure the University maximizes enrollment and graduation rates in accordance with the institution’s mission to serve art teachers.
This role involves a wide variety of highly complex duties with responsibilities in enrollment management, academic policy and procedure, marketing, recruitment, admission, and customer service. Requires the ability to think creatively and work strategically with data.
The Director of Admissions requires a high degree of interpersonal communication skills to exchange information with stakeholders both inside and outside the University. Performance of responsibilities has a significant impact upon the budget, reputation, reaccreditation, and operations of the University. This role is responsible for upholding the DEAC Code of Ethics for ethical recruitment practices. Travel may be required in his or her performance of the essential functions of this position.
Admissions | What We Believe |
We support students from program inquiry through graduation by building authentic relationships, art teacher to art teacher. We provide a connected, responsive higher education experience driven by the changing needs of students.
- We believe that sound decisions for students, the team, and the institution are data-driven.
- We believe that good leaders are authentic, celebratory, confident, and on the ground with their team.
- We believe that meaningful interdepartmental collaboration is the key to a successful academic program.
- We believe that every word and each touchpoint impact a prospective or enrolled student’s experience.
- We believe that authentic relationships make distance learning feel connected.
The Art of Education University | Who We Are |
Our mission is simple, driven, and inspiring: “We grow amazing art teachers by providing rigorous, relevant, and engaging professional development at every stage of their career.
AOEU is an innovative and fast-growing institution of higher education serving art teachers around the world. In 2019, we became the first homegrown graduate university in the state of Iowa in 50 years, and the world’s first “University For Life,” serving art educators throughout an entire lifetime of learning.
The Art of Education University serves tens of thousands of students, readers, and customers around the U.S. and in over 40 countries. Our magazine is read more than 800,000 times each month, our events are attended by over 4,000 art educators annually, and we serve over 2,000 graduate students each year.
Our culture is at the heart of our success as an institution. We believe in a drama-free environment that upholds the ideals of Radical Candor©. We believe that your success is our success. You will always know where you stand and you will be challenged to grow and stretch yourself in ways you never imagined.
LEARN MORE: https://theartofeducation.edu/about
The Details | Director of Admissions
- Develop and implement a strategy for prospective student outreach, including individual students, school administrators, and district-level recruitment.
- Continued iteration and enhancement of the institution's tracking system to evaluate the progress of students from their recruitment through enrollment.
- Assist the University Marketing Manager in the development of web and media content, including recruitment publications and correspondence.
- Develop and implement recruitment and admission goals and strategies for the University that ensure comprehensive and effective efforts annually.
- Direct the admissions process from point of inquiry through application completion, which includes delivering on an enrollment model that delivers a 90% admitted to the first term registration status.
- Establish and attain monthly, quarterly, and annual admission goals and provide regular reports of student recruiting activity to the Chief Growth Officer.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive strategic plan for the enrollment of future students into AOEU’s Master’s Degree program and PD courses.
- Develop and utilize data to identify the return on investment for different recruitment efforts and collaboration efforts with enterprise sales teams.
- Maintain a strong and open working relationship with department heads, senior leadership, and key stakeholders of the Academics Division to ensure the continued development of, and adherence to, a cohesive AOEU strategy.
- Collaborate with the data team to develop enrollment targets and track leads generated through admissions recruitment efforts.
- Work closely with the institution’s Academic Marketing Manager to plan, implement, and evaluate communication for recruitment, outreach, and other related materials and messages.
- In collaboration with marketing and student affairs, direct the student recruitment CRM, including filter and query development, event registration pages, workflow, and database management. Collaborate with CRM administrators to develop customized content and ensure overall system performance.
- Serve as a liaison to relevant professional associations and state committees.
- Lead a team of credentialed admissions counselors maintaining accountability for the achievement of individual targets, department-level goals, and AOEU’s mission.
- Determine hiring plans and maintain appropriate staffing levels to achieve established goals.
- Create and oversee systems and processes that the admissions team will use to work with prospective students
- Serve as an on-the-ground leader, stepping in to make phone calls or give presentations.
- Prepare and present team progress and enrollment data to AOEU leadership monthly and quarterly.
- Create, organize, implement and evaluate department policies and processes for recruitment and enrollment. Ensure all policies are compliant in programming and communication (both internal and external) with federal, state, and/or accrediting agency standards.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- High emotional intelligence, strong professional collaboration skills, and comfort building relationships with new people.
- Meticulous organizational skills, including the ability to multitask, prioritize, anticipate challenges, and maintain attention to detail when coordinating a variety of programs and events.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and customer service skills (verbal and written), including the ability to set a warm and welcoming tone in all interactions with students, administrators, faculty, and external agencies.
- Passion for art education, adult learners, and helping art teachers reach their goals for higher education.
- Easily adaptable, reflective of the fast pace and growth of the institution.
- Challenge-driven and accountable to departmental success metrics.
- Strong technical and computer skills, including Google Suite, email marketing, and database systems.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Position requires considerable concentration and focus throughout the day.
- Ability to lift items such as laptops, monitors, and the like.
- When traveling:
- The ability to lift or push your suitcase.
- Ability to carry/lift up to 25-50 lbs of presentation materials for customers or for conference presentations, etc.
- May involve sitting or standing at a desk for extended periods of time.
VISUAL, AUDITORY, & TACTILE REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to view computer screens for significant periods of time. The Art of Education University is an online university. Therefore 95-98% of one’s time will be on or using technology.
- Ability to use a laptop keyboard or standard keyboard with accuracy.
- Ability to hear at normal levels and through electronic devices such as laptops, earbuds, phones, and the like.
- Master’s degree preferred in business administration, marketing, or educational leadership or a combination of BA/MA degrees in those areas.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 5+ years experience preferred in a successful graduate college or university admission or enrollment management program or office.
- Experience working with post-baccalaureate or adult students, marketing, statistics, data analysis, academic policy, report writing, web applications, CRM (preferably Hubspot) or database management system, data input, word processing, and spreadsheets.
- Demonstrated managerial excellence, including budgetary acumen, in an academic and/or corporate setting.
- Secure and reliable access to the internet with the capability to support audio and video calls required.
Compensation & Benefits
Structured as a full-time, exempt, and salaried position. Remote with some required travel. Travel expenses are reimbursed per AOEU's Travel Policy. Compensation commensurate with education and experience. Payroll is issued on a semi-monthly basis paid on the 15th and last day of each month.
- Health, dental, and vision plan with 100% premium coverage for individual employees. And up to 70% contribution for other coverage options, with no waiting period (1st month after hire).
- 401K plan with 4% match, no waiting or vesting period.
- Unlimited self-managed PTO plus 10 paid holidays
- Coworking space or home office equipment stipend
- Fully-remote, flexible schedule
- 8-weeks paid parental leave
- Lifelong Learning Fund for professional development and educational reimbursement
- Personalized leadership coaching with a certified trainer
For additional information surrounding our offered benefits, visit our website.
Persons interested in applying should complete the application form linked below. Applicants are required to submit a short 1-3 minute video explaining why they would like to be considered for the position and why they are uniquely qualified. Failure to submit a video will automatically eliminate you from the application process.
Candidates who make it to Round 2 of the application process will be required to complete a packet for review, prior to their scheduled interview time.
Finalists will have one final culture interview with a member of the Sr. Leadership Team.
All applicants and candidates will be notified of the status of their application.
- Interested applicants should complete the application and upload a current resume as soon as possible.
- Candidates selected for an interview will be notified as applications are submitted.
- Anticipated position start date: January 1, 2022
How to Apply | This Is Me |
The Art of Education University is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. The Art of Education University will not discriminate against employees or applicants on the basis of actual or perceived age, race, color, national origin/ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation, and related conditions), physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed service member status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local laws. The Art of Education University is a participant of E-Verify.